Sunday, September 9, 2012

I'm Running!

I've mentioned once or twice (or perhaps a wee bit more) that I have four children.  I had said children in fairly rapid succession, with less than two years between the last three.  As a result, I've been busy.  With children, with work, with life.  In the last 4 years, I have put on quite a bit of weight, and like the rest of you in my situation, it gets me down.  I have wanted to get back into exercise for a long time now, but a knee injury has prevented me.  But, recent physio on the knee means that I am more confident about getting out there and making a change to my body.

So, this morning, I started my 'couch to 5k' regime, and began week 1 of my training.  It wasn't too taxing (they suggest you start easy, and build up) and my first outing began with 30 mins of excercise.  I walked 6 minutes, ran 1 minute, four times.  It felt good, not too tough and the knee held up.  I'll do it again Sunday, then next Wednesday, and when Week 2 comes along, I reduce the walk time, and up the run time.  I think it's a 10-12 week program, that should see me running 30mins or more, three times a week on a regular basis.

I have several friends who went down this avenue of exercise and their bodies have been completely transformed by it and they have more flexibility when it comes to the odd 'naughty treat'.

Wish me luck......

No comments:

Post a Comment