Friday, August 31, 2012

Android Hat

My Hairy Man doesn't often ask for a hand knit, but this year, as we are now living in a part of Australia that needs warm clothes in winter, he requested a hat.  Theres a technical divide in our household, with me being the Apple girl and he's the Android boy, so I felt it was totally fitting to create a hat with an Android motif on it.

There's a pattern on Ravelry for an Andriod Hat, but after doing the 'blind faith' thing, and just knitting lazily from the pattern, I realised that it was not going to work.  So, I went to a 'sure thing' pattern for the actual hat, Brooklyn Tweeds Turn a Square, and then duplicate stitched the android onto it once I'd completed the knitting part.  I am yet to master intarsia in the round, but hoping to soon, as I prefer to knit motifs rather than sew them.

One very happy hubby....bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment