Monday, August 27, 2012

Camel Bunny Silk

One of my all time favourite, desert island fibre choices, is Ixchel's Camel Bunny Silk!  I try to resist (ok, not THAT hard), but every time I see Charly from Ixchel, I have to rifle through her colourways.




Strangely, I always choose to spin CBS on a spindle, as I need to have this gorgeous stuff in my hands for as long as possible, plus I feel more in control of the fibres on a spindle. A new colourway of mine, is this walnut dyed, peachy blend.....just stunning!



Spun on a Jenkins Lark, it was a joy all the way.  I spun up and plied 50gms, and my next 50gms will be Navajo plied, so that the beautiful colours won't get so lost in the plying.  






I have a buttery soft 4ply, that I intend to incorporate into a cowl of some kind, possible an Encadre.







No comments:

Post a Comment