Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hex a go go

I own a nifty little machine (the Accuquilt GO) that allows me to cut multiple pieces of fabric with ease and speed.  Half of my reluctance to get stuck into a project was the thought of cutting, so this is an essential item for me, especially for binding.  That said, I've had these Hexagons cut out for a fairy flavoured quilt for my daughter Isobel, for months now.


I've been procrastinating, but when Hexa go-go was released, I decided to buy a copy to motivate me to get started with this gorgeous fabric.  White and spotty hexagons will surround the fairy fabric, and I intend to make a single quilt for her bed.  I have no excuses now that I have my sewing machine permanently set up in my small craft room!


Another new arrival in the fabric department, is this Monaluna Foxy Hollow organic fabric.  I think I might just need to buy some more of this gorgeous stuff, and make a quilt for myself when I'm curled on the sofa in the winter months.  I have a 'thing' for gnomes, mushrooms and elves, so despite it being a more 'childlike' fabric, I can't resist.


Maybe I'll embroider a few gnomes on some white fabric to dot around the quilt.  I'm hoping for inspiration from Knot Thread Stitch.



No comments:

Post a Comment