Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fathers Day, Walking & Knitting

Our Fathers day was a relaxed affair.  Pressies for Dad in the morning, then off to explore a new parkland area with the kids.  We went to Jumping Creek Reserve with picnic in tow, and then went on a lovely long walk.  It was a beautiful day, blue blue sky, warm weather, and the kids LOVED it!  The big advantage of living in a new state is that everywhere is unexplored.

On our walk, I discovered that I could actually knit and walk at the same time, without falling over or being swiped by branches.  It was extremely relaxing and I got quite a few rows completed!


If you're curious, I'm knitting Dream Stripes, after frogging my Flukra due to the yarn I used being too variegated, and the lace pattern was just lost!

We had a very 'famous five' kind of day, with the kids getting wet and muddy (is there any other way to be!?) and being little explorers.













No comments:

Post a Comment