Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Snowflakes in July

It's school holidays.  3 of my 4 children have chest infections (and it's looking like I'm heading that way too!) so we are house bound at the moment and I'm finding ways to entertain them.

I spotted a great little project on a website called Alphabet Glue which is an Ezine for families.  I was very taken with the Salt Crystal Snowflakes, so I purchased the mag (issue 4) which is packed with a host of fun things to do with the kids, and set about making these cute little creations with my two youngest.

This is what they 'should' look like after a few days submerged in salt water, so fingers crossed we will have success.



Pipecleaners (white and sparkly silver), hot water, string and salt!








A quick and fun activity, one that will keep them excited for a few days whilst they watch the salt crystals grow on the pipecleaner snowflakes.  I think Shrinky Dinkys could be next....




No comments:

Post a Comment